Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Book Review: The Simple Secrets to a Happy Life

I first have to say I have never met Luci, I have never heard her speak and this is the only book of hers I have read (so far) but I want to be her friend. The way she looks at life, friendships, what she has determined important in the world is amazing. A lot of the ideas in this book everyone knows and few practice. Her ability to make the tasks and skills simple to start is admirable.

Simple Secrets to a Happy Life is a book by Luci Swindoll outlining 50 simple tasks that make life happier. They are not superficial things like buy a new outfit because she understands temporary happiness is not enough. These 50 things are simple and yet hard at the same time. Things like being content, take care of yourself, giving generously, always be on time, do your homework, always be kind, etc.

There are many things from this book that I will take with me. The biggest thing is a definition of contentment she has in the book.

“Keep your heart free fro hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, and scatter laughter wherever you go. These are the links in the golden chain of contentment.”



Note: I did receive a copy of this book from www.booksneeze.com for free to read and review. The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for positive reviews. For more information on how you can review books for free go to www.booksneeze.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment