Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Book Review: The 13th Tribe

The 13th Tribe by Robert Liparulo is a book about a group of people left to roam the world and never die because of a decision they made a long time ago. Thousands of years ago Moses went onto Mount Sinai to commune with God and receive the 10 commandments. While he was up there the Israelites got restless and asked for a God. When Aaron complied and made them a golden statue, they worshipped it. For that sin on having so little faith in God a group of them were banished from the promise land and left to roam the earth forever. They have spent the years being vigilantes for God trying to get back into his favor with little luck.

As they plot what the newest biggest plan, everything falls apart. One of the senior leaders of the group does not agree with the innocent causalities that will occur with the newest plan and so he steals a very important piece and runs. The other scours the world looking for him ending up where it all started.

From the description above this books sounds exciting, action packed, and a little confusing. Unfortunately I was only able to find this book confusing… and very hard to read. The characters are well written and thought out but the writing style just seems to lag. Normally a book like this would only take me a couple days to read. It has been over a week and I am still less than half way through. Maybe the second half will pick up ad I will enjoy it but right now I cant imagine doing that. I think I need to put it down again and try later.

So this is my review of half the book. Its sounds great but lacks the intensity I expected.

Note: I did receive a free copy of this book from www.booksneeze.com to review. The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment