1) Save 9-10% of your annual income in a savings account- life's unexpected things are making this hard. It is still a goal but is starting to look unachievable this year.
2) Save $1000 to go on a honeymoon/5-year anniversary- Well, Aaron had to have his wisdom teeth removed in April. Although this was a planned expense, we were not planning on having to pay 100% up front and then file for insurance afterwards. So, this money went towards help pay for this expense and when we get reimbursed from insurance, the money will go towards this goal.
3) Make 1 extra house payment- Slow and Steady wins the race. An additional 6%
4) Spend less that $3000 on groceries and household needs for the entire year (does not include baby things but does include toiletries and cleaning products)-
5)Never use a credit card - We had some work expenses in April that we used the card for but we plan on paying off in full when we receive the bill.
6)Save enough money to buy Aaron a new chainsaw- WE DID IT! Aaron bought his new chainsaw on Mar 4th. He has already used it a couple times.
7) Save enough money to buy a new lawn mower- We have now realized we can not fix the lawn mower. So, we are selling it on craigslist and getting a new one. Right now we bought a push mower to get by. Let the savings begin
8) Save $500 to buy a 1/2 cow or a pig for the freezer-
9) Have no debt (other than the mortgage) by the end of the year. Replaced by 9b.
9b) Pay off minivan in 12 months- 35.3% complete thanks to selling the Aztek
10)Pay off all medicals bills from 2009 (Thanks a lot kidney and face)- DONE in February
11)Make $500 from selling things (yard sales, craigslist, etc)- Sold the Aztek which pushed us way over. We also sold the hitch haul.
12) Start a savings account for a new car- well we were able to put $1000 down with the money that we started to save. but this goal is now complete
1) Go on two weekend family vacations- No real vacations this month.
2) Visit both families at least once- Waiting for July and starting to look into the winter holidays
1) Make at least 2 batches of beer- We made our first batch of beer on May 23rd.
2) Make at least 1 batch of root beer-
3) Grow a successful garden- Its in partially. I will call it a work on progress.
4) Can 6+ months of corn, green beans, pickles, spaghetti sauce, stewed tomatoes, salsa, etc. -
1) Get back to pre-Hannah weight-
2) Make two dresses for Hannah- I made 4 dresses thanks to Walmart fabric. Hannah loves them.
3) Learn a new hobby-
4)Make 2 books on picaboo- I am updated on Titus's baby book and have worked a little on the other.
5) Read the entire bible-
6) Get more involved at the church- Still searching for my place.
7) Read 7 books - Well I have ten great books i want to read. Again, its just finding the time. I hope to be better about this.
1) Hunt something- Done thanks to a pig in our yard
2) Process one animal - Done thanks to the same pig. We now have 32 lbs of sausage in our freezer.
3) Make a rocking horse
1) Make our own breads (so my real goal is to not but any sandwich bread or breakfast breads for an entire year)- None is May.
2) Make 52 new recipes- Up to ~24 that i can think of. I'm sure there are more but i didn't write them down.