1) Save 9-10% of your annual income in a savings account-
2) Save $1000 to go on a honeymoon/5-year anniversary- Well, Aaron had to have his wisdom teeth removed in April. Although this was a planned expense, we were not planning on having to pay 100% up front and then file for insurance afterwards. So, this money went towards help pay for this expense and when we get reimbursed from insurance, the money will go towards this goal.
3) Make 1 extra house payment- Slow and Steady wins the race.
4) Spend less that $3000 on groceries and household needs for the entire year (does not include baby things but does include toiletries and cleaning products)-
5)Never use a credit card - We had some work expenses in Aril that we used the card for but we plan on paying off in full when we recieve the bill.
6)Save enough money to buy Aaron a new chainsaw- WE DID IT! Aaron bought his new chainsaw on Mar 4th. He has already used it a couple times.
7) Save enough money to buy a new lawn mower- We have decided to not buy a new lawnmower. We are working on fixing our old one.
8) Save $500 to buy a 1/2 cow or a pig for the freezer- After some research I have realized $500 will come nowhere near to buying half a pig of cow. But, this is still something i wish to do.
9) Have no debt (other than the mortgage) by the end of the year. Well, we bought a minivan in April. I love our new car, but we had to get a loan. I am hopeful to have this paid off in 1 year. I am pushing to try and have it paid off within this year, but we'll see.
10)Pay off all medicals bills from 2009 (Thanks a lot kidney and face)- DONE in February
11)Make $500 from selling things (yard sales, craigslist, etc)- none this month
12) Start a savings account for a new car- well we were able to put $1000 down with the money that we started to save. but this goal is now complete
1) Go on two weekend family vacations- No real vacations this month.
2) Visit both families at least once- we have officially planned to visit both families in June and July.
1) Make at least 2 batches of beer-
2) Make at least 1 batch of root beer-
3) Grow a successful garden-
4) Can 6+ months of corn, green beans, pickles, spaghetti sauce, stewed tomatoes, salsa, etc. -
1) Get back to pre-Hannah weight- April was not a lot better. But without much work on this subject I am now 25% of the way to my goal
2) Make two dresses for Hannah-
3) Learn a new hobby-
4)Make 2 books on picaboo- Maybe in May
5) Read the entire bible- Stil nothing in April. I hopeful that in May i can get part of it read. I am also thinking abuot listening to it on book on tape.
6) Get more involved at the church- Still searching for my place.
7) Read 7 books - Well I have three great books i want to read. Again, its just finding the time. I hope to be better about this.
AARON1) Hunt something-
2) Process one animal
3) Make a rocking horse
1) Make our own breads (so my real goal is to not but any sandwich bread or breakfast breads for an entire year)- None in April
2) Make 52 new recipes- I now have ~18. Recipes to follow