Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Book Review: Moment Maker


Moment Makers by Carlos Whitaker discusses how taking advantage of specific moments in life can turn them into the best memories.  Some of his examples are play cards on the side of a deserted road when their car broke down, going up to a complete stranger and talking to them, and slowing down enough to take a moment with your children.

I enjoyed this book a lot.  Before reading this book I did not know Carlos Whitaker by name.  But since reading this book I have found a lot of videos on youtube and learned a lot more about him.  (FYI-not in a creepy stalker way either, he discusses his youtube videos in the book.  I just checked them out.)

I think Carlos makes a lot of great points about how we need to open our eyes and be ready for anything because 1) you never know what/who God is going to put in your path each day and 2) bad situations can turn into moment makers with the correct attitude (i.e. sitting on the side of a deserted road playing cards).  It has challenged me to look at every situation in a different way to see how we can turn the frustrating into fun and the bad into good.

Note: I did receive a copy of this book for free from the publisher.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment