Monday, April 21, 2014

Book Review: The Nesting Place


The Nesting Place: It doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful by Myquillyn Smith is a book about how to decorate and love your home.  She describes how to love the home you’re in now and how to love the journey of decorating on any budget and loving the imperfections in life.

At first I thought this book was going to be a coffee table style book with lots of pictures and a few helpful tips on how to decorate but it’s not.  It’s much much more.  The author takes your through her journey of being content and happy in your current home.  She describes how small changes and expressions of yourself/your family will turn any house into a home. 

I think she also hit the nail on the head when talking about our fear to fail in decorating.  A good attempt is better than nothing.  And worse case you remove it or repaint it.  What a great stress-free philosophy.  I have found many times I want to redecorate our house but I’m crippled by doubts.  I have never thought about treating decorating (my current home and envisioning my dream home) as a journey that will change as my family grows.

I really enjoyed this book.  I love the pictures of her home as inspiration of what a house can turn into with an adventurous spirit, a willingness to try, and freedom to fail and redo.  I will definitely keep this book around as a reminder to go for it.

Note: I did receive this book for free from the publisher to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment