Thursday, August 16, 2012

Book Review: You Be Sweet


YEA for more cookbooks!!!!

You be sweet: Sharing your heart one down-home recipe at a time by Patsy Caldwell and Amy Lyles Wilson is a great compilation of yummy desserts.  There are many I am very excited about trying.

The ones I have my eye on most is the red velvet cheesecake, caramel pie, graham cracker cake with pineapple lemon filling and cream cheese frosting, milky way pecan pound cake, pink lemonade cupcakes, lemon layer cake, marshmallow ice cream, Verna’s sour cream apple pie with cinnamon topping, and honey peanut butter topping.  Everything sounds so good.

I really like the lay out of the book, the many pictures, and the discussion from the authors at the beginning of each chapter explaining where the recipes came from and some history. 

This will be a great addition to my wall of recipe books.  I’m sure I will be pulling this one out at for many special occasions and hopefully some every day occasions too.

Note: I did receive a free copy of this book from www.booksneeze.com to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.  To find out more information go to www.booksneeze.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment