Monday, August 6, 2012

Book Review: The Scarlet Cord


I  thoroughly enjoyed this last book.  The Scarlet Cord; the love story of Rahab by Joan Wolf is a wonderful interpretation of the Rahab story.  I have always been fascinated by this story and wondered where her intrigue into a different live and God came from the existence as a Canaanite.  Ms. Wolf does a wonder job and describing life in Jericho and the way of life for a Canaanite.  To them their wall seems impenetrable.  Rahab and her family’s life are thrown together with two Israelite merchants and their life is forever changed.  Rahab is torn between her family and old life and the new possible life is Sala, the Israelite. 

Again, I really enjoyed this book.  I found it hard to put down.  From the beginning of the book she has you hooked wondering what is going to happen to Rahab through all her circumstances.  My only complaint/thing about this book is it does not follow Rahab’s living conditions described in the bible.  I do think this picture paints a little too rosy picture of what Rahab was doing. 

Note: I did receive a copy of this book free to read and review from www.booksneeze.com.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment