Thursday, August 16, 2012

Book Review: The death by money report

The Death by Money report by CFP Tracy Piercy and Lisa Maxwell is more of a small essay then a book.  The book took me approximately 20 minutes to read.  It goes over how people struggle between the saving everything to have a comfortable retirement and instant gratification of purchases now with no regard to the future. 

This book also does a lot of promoting for their website  After each chapter there is a quick little ‘but you can fix it ‘paragraph leading you to their website.  The book does come with a free one month membership to their website and then after that you must pay a monthly fee.

This book does a good job at pointing out some of the American mindsets towards money and how they can never be fulfilled or how they are flawed.  For example, going to college does not mean you will have a better paying job and you do not have to live in poverty to save for the future.

This book was okay.  It took 85% of their book talking about all the doom and gloom of the current outlooks on money.  The remaining 15% was seven steps to start you on the right track.  Again at the end of the chapter it sends you to their website.   

All in all I do not think I would recommend this book to any of my friends.  I might direct them to the website to browse but I think this book could have gotten condensed into a 2 page pamphlet advertising the website.

Note: I did receive a copy of this book from to read and review for free.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.  To find our more information please go to

No comments:

Post a Comment