Tuesday, August 14, 2012

book review: The Money Smart Family System


This book is different than the ones I normally read for booksneese. The Money Smart Family System by Steve and Annette Economides is a book about their system used in teaching their children about money.  Steve and Annette are known books and discussions on money management living on less than the norm.  After having many people in their house teaching them about budgeting and money management, one of their children asked “when are you going to teach me that?” and this book was born.

I really enjoyed this book.  We were just starting to talk about way of setting up allowances and chores for our children.  This book was very insightful into a simple practice method for kids to earn money.  I loved how the intent and attitude towards the chore was just as important (if not more) than the chore itself.   

I would recommend this book to parents (with children of any age) who want to teach them about money want help setting up a system at their house.

I think we will try a version of this system.  I really like the idea of not only teaching them how to earn money but also how to handle it with savings, giving, and spending.

Note: I did receive a copy of this book for free from www.booksneeze.com to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment