Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Book Review: Heart of Ice

Heart of Ice is Lis Whiel and April Henry is a suspenseful crime novel about three women who call themselves the triple threat; a FBI agent, prosecutor, and crime TV reporter. These three women help each other with their jobs and with personal life. The book also involves Elizabeth a women who lie, cheats, steal, manipulates, and kills to get what she wants. As these four women's live are thrown together, death and mystery occurs.

This book was good. It took me a long time to get through it. If it wasn't for this assignment to read and review the book I think I would have quit about 1/3 of the way through. I'm glad I didn't in the end. In the beginning you are following six different characters with many more side characters. A good 50% of the book is just setting up the background of the story and the people. It doesn't really get exciting until about 2/3 of the way through. If you can make it that far than you will fly through the last third of the book.

I am a huge fan of Lis Wiehls books. This one was no exception in the end. Lis Wiehl is very good about weaving these interesting complex plot lines and yet making them understandable to the author.

Note: I was given a copy of this book to read and review through www.booksneeze.com. I was not compensated for a positive review and the opinions above are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment