Thursday, November 6, 2014

Book Review: The Wisdom of Sadhu


The Wisdom of Sadhu: Teachings of Sundar Singh by Sundar Singh is the collection of stories and teachings by Sundar Singh.  Sundar left his home of wealth in the early 20th century to live the life of a wondering holy man. During these times he re retells his mystical like encounters with Jesus and the stories of thousands of people following him.  He was visited by people from all over the world to hear his teachings.  He was known in his lifetime as the most famous convert to Christianity.

I was a little hesitant about getting this book.  It’s not the normal kind of book I usually read.  In the end I really struggled getting through this book.  I found the book jumped around from different subjects and stories.  I also found the flow and language very hard to easily read.  In general I liked a few of the sayings and quotes in this book but ultimately found the book so tedious and distractible that I only made it through about half of the book.    I hope this book has a great impact on many people.

 

Note: I was given a copy of this book to read and review from the publisher. The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment