Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Book Review: Their Name is Today


Their name is Today by Johann Christoph Arnold is a plea to the people, future, parents, grandparents, teachers, etc. to remember our children’s wellbeing.  In the world there is so much for the future generations to overcome.  Children now have new distractions with video games and televisions everywhere, escalating violence in the world and in their entertainment, obesity and loss of healthy food in the homes and schools, education being taken over by government regulations instead of loving teachers, parents torn between success and quality time with their children.  With all of this Mr. Arnold wants us to remember it’s not too late.  There is still hope. The hope can be found in those children if we give them the tools that we need.  We need to love, teach, instruct, guide, encourage, and build out our children so they know how to become the adults we want them to be. 

I have read books by Mr. Arnold before and have always found his books very interesting.  I usually agree with most of this conservative viewpoint.  You can feel his passion for the subject in every word.  But I always find his books a little hard to read.  There is so much in every word and page it is not a quick or easy read. This is a book that looks small but can take a while to read and you are sometimes forced to reread a sentence two and three times before you fully grasp all that he is saying.

In general I enjoyed this book.  I look forward to digging a little deeper into what he writes and using what I learn to encourage and build up my own children.

Note: I was given a copy of this book from handlebar publishing to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment