Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Move On by Vicki Courtney


Move On by Vick Courtney is an inspirational book that helps women (and men) evaluate their life and come clean about all the mess in it so we can move towards grace.  Once we face our messes, God is able to do his work in us and help us move on.

I really enjoyed this book.  I think one thing that was important to making this book and message really work was for the author to be real about her own struggles and messes to the reader.  Vicki Courtney does just that.  She presents this message that you can see has truly impacted her own life. She is not looking for pity for her messes or a pat on the back for moving on. 

She is just open about what God has revealed her in her, and her close friends, struggles.  We all have them and yet so often we are afraid to reveal them.  We fear judgment, pity, abandonment, etc. so instead we lock them up making them a barrier between us and the world…  AND GOD.  But God will not judge, abandon, or pity us because he already knew them. Before we were born he knew them.  Instead of giving those to God and letting his use them for His good, we hold onto them and fester in out self-pity of them.

I really enjoyed this book.  I thought her writing was easy to read. She was insightful, honest, friendly, and encouraging.  I am glad I read this book and hope to pass it on to a few friends whom I think could benefit from this message.

Note: I was given a copy of this book, for free, to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment