Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Book Review: Let's all be brave by Annie Downs


Let’s All Be Brave; living life with everything you have by Annie Downs is a book about how we should be brave in our life.  Not jump out of a plane brave but feeling secure in Christ so you can do anything for Him brave. 

I really enjoyed this book. Here writing style is very easy to read and conversational.  I feel like I just had a great pour out your heart, punch you in the gut, while having a coffee with a close friend kind of conversation.

What I love most about this book is her way to easily present how easy it is to be brave when you know God is there for you.  With his love and support we shouldn’t be afraid to make a life change, donate generously, pursue our dreams, etc.. 

My favorite quote from this book is…

“I believe in the me God made and in the me God can make.  I believe he made me on purpose and didn’t make any mistakes when it came to my creation.  I believe he is doing a good work in me, and in you. And that though I am flawed, God is loving me and refining me and reminding me that God in me is where I can place my trust.

And that is the place where I find my courage.”

I will definitely reread this book and buy copies for my friends. I enjoyed it that much.  Thank you, Annie Downs, for writing from your heart, exposing your weaknesses, and uplifting all who struggle to be brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment