Monday, August 11, 2014

Book Review: The healing quilt by Wanda E Brunstetter


The Healing Quilt by Wanda E Brunstetter is another book in the Half Stitched Amish Quilting Club series.  This time Emma and Lamar have moved to a small community close to Sarasota Florida for the winter.  As Emma is restless in the new town, Lamar encourages her to start another quilting club.  Joining her club is Jennifer who is pregnant with her first child and worried her husband won’t find a job before the baby is born, Erika a teen who was wheelchair bound after a diving accident, Noreen a retired teacher and widow looking for something creative to do, BJ an artist who is visiting Florida before his terminal cancer prevents him, and Kim a single woman who isn’t sure what life has for her after a recent break up with her boyfriend whom she followed to Florida.

I have not read the other quilting club books before reading this one and I loved it.  I want to go back and read the previous two books.  The love the flawed characters and how we see them go as individuals and as a group throughout the book.  Yes, you can expect the huge coincidences like the other books (aka what the girl I’ve been sewing next to is actually my daughter I haven’t seen in 20 years).  Yes, you know in the last couple chapters everyone will have a change of heart and it will all work out.  But I think it’s good to hope that that can happen in life.  Good things can happen.  Relationships can be mended.  Hearts can change.

This book is 310 pages long and I read it within a couple sittings.  I could not put it down.  I am a huge fan of most of Wanda E Brunstetter books but I have to say I think this is one of my top 10 favorites.

Note: I did receive a copy of this book for free to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment