Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Book Review: More than a bucket list


More than a bucket list: Making your dreams, passions, and faith a reality by Toni Birdsong  is a list of suggestions on how to make a bucket list or how to live a life that is full and intentional.  The suggestions range from visiting the holy land to eating every flavor of bon-bon.  From live faithfully to learn new jokes.  After each statement he does a wonderful job of listing suggestions on how to accomplish that goal or build your own goal from that idea. 

For instance if you goal is to “know your neighbors” than you can pick up a newspaper and see what in your town needs prayer and help, find the needs in homeless, shelters, food pantrys, churches, centers, etc.

I enjoyed this book.  The ideas are mixed together in no particular order.  I do like how it can go from the simple (read a new joke a day) to the extreme (run a marathon on hike Everest).  It does a great job also in not just listing physical goals but personal ones like be less negative, count your blessings, and forgive the person who wronged you. 

I also enjoy that his main focus is really to look to God and see what his great plans are for you. To always strive to bigger than you expected and what God always expected.

I am excited to take from this book and make my list of things I want to accomplish with the help and direction from God

Note: I did receive a copy of this book from free from www.booksneeze.com to read and review. The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment