Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Book Review: Dark Eyes Deep Eyes


Dark Eyes, Deep Eyes by T. Neal Tarver is two stories of two people’s journey; one to heaven and the other to hell.  Wayne was pastor who felt like he failed God and God failed him when his church didn’t take the direction he felt led. He ended up leaving the church and working in a factory.  When he suddenly dies of a heart attack he is sent to heaven and goes on an adventure to learning all the pleasures of Heaven. Nick has turned away from God while a teenager. Now he is out to conquer as many things as he can; jobs, money, women, anything he wants.  When he suddenly finds himself in a car accident he is thrown into Hell and goes on a journey of pain, deceit, and agony.  He is unable to die but could feel pain and hunger. 

I really enjoyed this book.  There were a few times I thought the pace was too slow but the end is all worth it.  I also found is confusing at times with how the stories are broken up.  Every chapter switches from the Nick to Wayne story and vice versa.  In the beginning when I was still trying to pin down characters this made it hard to follow.

Note: I did receive a copy of this book from www.booksneeze.com to read and review. The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment