Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Book Review: 20,000 days and counting


20,000 Days and counting by Robert D. Smith is an inspirational book on doing things in your life instead of letting life pass you by.

I have been alive for 11,197 days.  Although I have done a lot on those days, I could have done so much more.  This book helps you look at your life and what you want to be/accomplish/do/etc and says THEN DO IT. 
Robert is a manager for the author Andy Andrews.  The first time Andy wrote a book Robert was rejected over 50 times by publishing firms.  Finally when a company agreed it was published and became a NYT bestselling book and is translated and sold all over the world.  Because he did not let the 50 plus nos stop him.

I enjoyed this book.  It is purposely written so you can read the entire thing in about an hour.  It also has a lot of nice quotes about time and life.  I hope am going to implement some of these “yes” techniques to live life better/fuller/louder/etc.  Because you never know when you last day will be.
 
Note: I did receive a copy of this book for free from www.booksneeze.com to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment