Monday, February 27, 2012

Book Review: Our Favorite Sins

Our favorite Sins by Todd Hunter is a self-help type book where he teaches you to look at the sins your heart desires. Weather sex, money, love, pride, food, drink, anxiety, etc it all shows where our heart and out focus is.

Todd helps you understand how to control these desires and refocus our hearts to its number one desire is to be like Christ.

I really enjoyed this book. I have foudn this book very interesting. Its something that I have been thinking about a lot sinse starting to read this book with everything I do. It truely makes you evaluated why you do something - for you and your earthly desires or for God and your desire to be closer to him.
Todd does a great job with breaking it down into doable steps and saying many times that there is no such thing as perfection. His real life, non-pious look about the topic makes it seem doable from the smallest vices to the big desires that plague you.

One of my favorite quotes from the books is (and I am paraphrasing) temptations do not make desires in your heart but desires allow for temptations to be present. So if food is not a sinful desire for your then going to a buffet is not a temptation.

I do recommend this book to people who are struggling with the big temptations and people who want to learn how to have a heart desire Christ more.

Note: I was given a copy of this book for free from www.booksneeze.com to read adn review. The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment