Thursday, January 28, 2010

Recipes #6 and #7

On Thursday, the guys in my lab and myself got together for a potluck lunch. One of the guys brought in his grill and we all pitched in some money for steaks. We grilled them and chicken breasts. Along with the meat we all brought in one side including mac-n-cheese, baked potatoes, potato salad, squash casserole, and fruit salad. And I was in charge of the desserts.


At 7 pm on Wednesday night i still had no idea what i wanted to make. Finally i remembered I had Lynn's cookbook. So I opened it up and was again stumped... on which pies to make. I finally picked the triple chocolate mouse pie and the blueberry banana creme pie.


Both were amazing. I got rave review on both. The bigger hit of the two was the blueberry banana cream pie. Everyone loved unique yet obvious combination of flavors. Both are definite hits that i will make again.


For the recipe.... See her newer cookbook (the one we got at Grandma Nell's 100th b-day party). I did have to slightly modify the recipes both nothing that would drastically alter the taste. (My pans were too small and I had to reduce the amount of blueberry pie filling on top)



Side Note: Our lunch together was great and we ended up with a ton of leftovers. We could easily have a second meal with all of the food present. We are already planning out next luncheon together.

No comments:

Post a Comment