Monday, January 18, 2010

Recipe #5 Oatmeal Raisen Cookies

I think I finally found an easy amazing oatmeal cookie. I always find it hard to get the perfect mixture of crunchy and chewy in an oatmeal cookie.

Again, I found this recipe on recipezaar.com. If you want to look it up search or recipe#35813

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


2c flour
1t baking powder
1t baking soda
1t salt
1c butter, softened
1c sugar
1c dark brown sugar, packed (you must use dark brown sugar. I think its why they are so good)
2 eggs
2t vanilla
3c oats (not instant)
1 2/2 raisins

In a medium bowl, mix four, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. In a large bowl mix butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla together. Mix on med to high speed to cream. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in oats and raisins.

On a greased cookie sheet scoop 2T worth of dough into mounds spaced ~2 inches apart. Bake 11-13 minutes at 350 until the cookies are a nice brown. Let them cool on the sheet for 2 minutes before removing onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Note: I used my large scoop which is probably ~1T. It made 3 1/4 dozen cookies that were a nice size. They took ~9-10 minutes to bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment