Monday, January 18, 2010

Recipe #4 Key Lime Bread

I was looking through my frig and found a partially used bottle of key lime juice that i wanted to use up. I was in the mind set of making bread that could be frozen for quick breakfast, so looked online and found this recipe. It was on my favorite recipe website http://www.recipezaar.com/

I hope you all enjoy. If you want to look it up on recipezaar, it is recipe #249793.



Key Lime Bread



2/3 c butter, softened (i used margarine)

2c sugar

4 eggs

2T lime zest (because i only had juice, i skipped this)

2 T key lime juice (I added 3 to make up for zest)

1t vanilla

3c flour

3t baking powder

1 t salt

1c milk (we were out so i reconstituted some dry milk)

1c chopped nuts



Glaze

2/3c confectioners sugar

1-2T key lime juice



In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Add lime peel, juice, and vanilla and mix well. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add to creamed mixture alternating with milk. Fold in nuts

Pour into 2 greased 9x5 pans and bake for 50-55 mins at 350 or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool completely. Make glaze and top when cooled.



Notes: I did not remove my from the pan (it was late) and they turned out fine.





We ate this one quickly. The second one is in the freezer with glazing instructions waiting to be eaten another day.
I loved the bread. Aaron liked it. Hannah only at the top part with the icing. I will definitely make this again. Its great if your in the mood for key lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment