Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Book Review: The loving kitchen


The loving Kitchen by Leann Rice is a wonderful collection of homemade (from scratch) Southern cooking just like the ones she blogs about.  The cookbook covers every course and meal possible.

This book also contains a great discussion with the cook about where her passion from cooking comes from and why she enjoys spending all her time in the kitchen.  There are many pictures in the book.  Probably 50% of the recipes have a picture.  They pictures are beautiful.  I do wish all the pictures would have been labeled. Some were not and it was hard to tell if it was a picture of the recipe before or after it.

I enjoyed flipping through this cook book.  There were many recipes very similar the ones I already make and a few I’ve been wanting to try.  I also love her emphasis on tasting the love in your cooing. She also gives some great tips on how to make recipe turn out great.

I am happy about adding this cookbook to my (virtual) self of recipes.  I already have a few ear marked to make soon.

Please note I was given a copy of the book to read and review by the publisher.  My opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment