Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Book Review: Intentional Walk


Intentional Walk; An Inside Look at the Faith That Drives the St. Louis Cardinals by Rob Rains is a collection of short stories and biographies of St Louis Cardinals players, coaches, and staff and how their life has been effected by their faith.  It is amazing how many Godly men have walked onto the field and supported the St Louis Cardinals.

Originally I chose this book for two reasons.  One, I grew up near St Louis and went to many Cardinal games so I was intrigued. Second, father’s day is coming up and I hoped this would be a great book to pass on to my dad.  This book came through for both.

I really enjoyed reading this book.  It has players who made many mistakes and found their faith late in their life/career and it has people who grew up with a very strong faith that influenced many on and off the field.  This book is very refreshing to know that there are still some amazing Godly men out there is positions of fame that use their gifts to glorify God. 

 

Note: I did receive a copy of this book from free from www.booksneeze.com to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment