Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Book Review: 4 Abundant Life


4 Abundant Life by Drs. Eric and Joanna Oestmann is a book about examining your life and looking at the true questions of how is God trying to bless you and you are getting in the way?   These blessing can be in every area of our life.

Spiritual- Are you trying to earn salvation instead of accepting his gift that is already paid?

Self-Image- Can you accept God made you in the image of him and you are beautiful or do you use the world’s thoughts on beauty to define how you feel?

Are we all really the Israelite recently freed from slavery, moving towards the land of milk and honey but all we can do is look around at the very temporary present and say “This isn’t fun. I was better off in Egypt.”

One of my favorite quotes in the book is “To love is to forgive.  To forgive is to love.”  I had never thought of forgiveness as an act of love but is completely is.  Even towards our greatest enemy forgiveness is required and an act of love. 

Overall I enjoyed this book.  There are a few times where I felt like the authors detoured to a topic that technically related but seem disconnected.  There were a few chapters I skipped after reading about 1/3 of it because I didn’t see how it related. I got the point but it did not specifically relate to me.

  It’s meant to be a quick read (they say 4 hours).  Although it is a quick read this book could have a huge impact on your life and the way you allow yourself to look at things if you let it.

Note: I did receive a copy of this book for free from www.booksneeze.com to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment