Monday, March 25, 2013

Book Review: Persecuted


I recently had the opportunity to read Persecuted; the global assault on Christians by Paul Marshall, Lela Gilbert, and Nina Shea.  This is a heart wrenching book of real stories of people all over the world who are being persecuted for their religious beliefs in Christ.  It is a reminder that Christian persecution didn’t occur just two thousand years ago or will occur some day in the future.  It is occurring right now, every day, every minute to millions of Christians.  Their proclamation as Christ as their Lord and Savior is truly a death sentence to many.  And yet they still make it.

The authors did a wonderful job with presenting the reader with all the details without getting too gory graphic.  This book made weep, my soul ache for fellow Christians, be disgusted in my intolerance to minor injustices that occur in our everyday lives, and be eternally grateful that I could drive to church on Sunday without the worry of imprisonment or physical harm to me and my family. 

This book is a wonderful reminder to many of us how fortunate out lives are.  We have freedoms of faith that many do not and yet we take them for granted.  I for one have been changed by this book and its message. 
 
Lord, help that my eyes stay open to this injustice of Your people.  Give me the courage to stand up for them and pray for them daily.  Lord, please grant them peace. Amen.

Note: I did receive a copy of this book for free from www.booksneeze.com to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment