Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Mans Soul by John Eldredge

This is a wonderful book. The Author, John Eldredge, does a great job describing the need for men to be masculine. How are the physical embodiment of God's masculine side. He describes their need for "adventure." He also looks at the loss of "becoming a man" in today's society by the lack of fatherhood and over protectiveness of mothers.

I must say, I loved this book. It really opened my eyes to how I as a help meet (soul mate) should encourage and support my husband on his adventures to a masculine heart.

This book also look at how women are the feminine side of God and how we crave the attention and "white knight" to come and find us just as God craves us to fight for him.

All in all this book was a huge eye opener in the a deeper level of support in the wife husband dynamic. I will truly take a lot a way from this book and apply it in our lives.

Note: I was given a complimentary copy of the book to review. This review is my own opinion and I was in no way compensated for a good review.

1 comment:

  1. Cool sounds like a good book. I might have to borrow it.

    Note: you are my sister but I was in no way compensated for my review of this post.

    ReplyDelete