Thursday, March 7, 2013

Book Review: Moon Over Edisto


The book Moon Over Edisto by Beth Webb Hart is about Julia, an artist living in NYC who does everything in life to not look into the past. But when her ex best friend/stepmother comes to see her, her life is turned upside down.  Her old friend has lung cancer and asks her to watch her three children while she is in the hospital recovering.
From this she is thrown back into her past hurt and anger towards her deceased father and friend who betrayed her. She is also confronted with how this incident not only affected her life but how it still affects her mother and sisters life. 

This story line would have been enough for a great book but it’s always better when a guy shows up to keep her spinning. Her first kiss/crush shows up and helps her while staying in Edisto. 
Overall I really enjoyed this book.  It seemed a little long to me at times but that could have just been me wanting to hurry up and find out what was going to happen.
I think the author did a great job creating characters with good stories and texture to them.  I can’t wait for another book by her.

Note: I did receive a copy of this book to read and review from www.booksneeze.com.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment