Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Book Review: Asylum


West Bow publishing describes The Asylum by Ashley HodgesBazer as

“When Chase’s wife, Trista, goes missing, he follows a trail that leads to imprisonment on a space-based facility for the insane. Chase leads a revolt against the doctors and takes control. Other circumstances bring Trista to the ship, but when she encounters Chase, she is different. She calls herself Krissa.”

This science fiction space age book is one that many reviewers loved.  Because this isn’t really the genre of book I normally go for I hesitantly picked this book to read (yes I had a choice between almost 100 books so I could have picked anything…) but  I could not get into it.  I think it’s mostly my feelings on this genre.  It does have a good story line and good interesting characters but I can’t get past the space travel.  For me the book was slow.  Again this could be because this isn’t the kind of book I normally read. 

I hope other people give this book a try.  The author has done a good job writing a science fiction book with good characters and a great meaning woven into the story.

Note: I did receive a copy of this book for free from www.booksneeze.com to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment