Thursday, May 24, 2012

Book Review: Spirit Fighter

Spirit Fighter by Jerel Law is a preteen teen Christian adventure book about Jonah Stone, a sixth grader who is average in every way until he finds out that he is a quarter angel.  Soon after when his mother is kidnapped by evil fallen angels Jonah and his younger sister Eliza are sent on a quest to save their mother.  The entire time they find all the amazing powers “quarterlings” have and how to rely on God for protection and guidance.

All in all in enjoyed this book.  It was a quick read and I think would be great for the intended audience.  I know they tried to compare it to a Christian Harry Potter or Percy Jackson and I think it’s close.  It’s hard sometimes to separate the literary talent from great advertising.  I would say that compared to most Christian authors in similar genres it is very well written.

I do think the author did a good job and mixing faith and scripture verses in a fictional story with adventure.  It didn’t come off as “Hey let’s take a break from this story to throw in a bible verse that kind of relates” like some do.  The idea of fallen angels having children with people does give a lot of interesting characteristic for a story line.

Note: I did receive a copy of this book for free from www.booksneeze.com to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment