Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Book Review: An Amish Wedding

An Amish Wedding by Kelly Long, Kathleen Fuller, and Beth Wiseman is a book put together of three novellas telling three wedding stories of different people in an Amish community. The three stories are about the stresses of courtship, engagement, and planning a wedding. The three authors did a great job using the same characters and timeline in each.

Overall I loved this book. I am a sucker for books about Amish and weddings...so from the start I had high expectations. These books did not disappoint. The characters were real with worries and flaws. I love how their faith was so well depicted in each character.

I am always fascinated how the Amish have removed all of the distractions modern society gives us so that they can truly focus on God and family. This book did not depict them as perfect, as some do. They were real people with flaws and struggles. Even the story of Zeke’s parent in a loveless marriage, only together because divorce was not allowed, made the people seem that much more real.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves Amish stories.

Note: I did receive a copy of this book free from www.booksneeze.com for review. The opinions expressed above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment