Monday, April 20, 2015

Book Review: Regain Your Spiritual Poise


Regain Your Spiritual Poise by Rob Wingerter is a book outlining the importance of a spiritual retreat to block out any distraction and focus on God and your relationship.  The author takes your through many benefits of it, its outline in the bible, and how historically it was a common practice.

I have to say I really struggled reading this book.  I do not think I was the correct audience.  I think it was made for older pastors who are really looking to dig into the subject.  But as a layperson who love to read, this was not the book for me.

I think the hardest thing about this book is the way it was written.  I felt like I was being lectured by a really boring (albeit very knowledgeable) professor who likes to kind of speak above the audience. 

Sadly I will not be passing on this book or recommending it to other readers.  I think this book was written with the best intentions but fell short for me.  I do with the author and the audience readers the best.  I hope the find the peace and rest they were searching for.

Note: I was given a copy of this book to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment