Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Book Review: NIV integrated study bible.


The NIV integrated study bible “written”/edited by John R. Kohlenberger III, published by Zondervan is a chronologically ordered study bible to help the reader understand where all the parts of the bible fall in a timeline.  The old testament is divided into 5 sections; creation through the patriarchs, exodus to conquest, conquest through united kingdom, divided kingdom to exile, and return to the land.  The New Testament is divided into two sections; the life of Jesus and the early church.

I really enjoy the setup of this study bible.  The editor did an amazing job of easily setting out the writings in order; showing parallel stories recorded in multiple books, showing references in place of quoted scripture from Old Testament in the New Testament, etc.  One of my favorite additions is the timeline on the bottom of each page showing the historical section the passages are from overall timeline. 

I am really looking forward to read more of this as a study bible to better understand how the individual books of the bible fit together in a cohesive timeline of God’s amazing story.  This book is a great addition to my devotional library. 

Note: I was given a copy of this book for free to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment