Monday, September 9, 2013

Book Review: Jesus on Every Page

Jesus on Every Page by David Murray is a book about how Jesus is reflected and in not only the New Testament by also the Old Testament.

As most Christians, I knew the prophesies and foreshadowing of Christ in the Old Testament.  Lately my pastor has spoken more on how Jesus was more involved in the Old Testament. 

Mr. Murray took all my theories and expanded on them one-hundred fold.  He does a very good job at going through all the different histories, beliefs, laws, etc. and show how Jesus was intimately involved.

I would say like most good book, while reading, 25% of the information I had a light bulb moment and agreed with immediately.   Another 50% I am very intrigued by his stance and all the evidence supporting and am excited to do some further research and see if I agree.  The remaining 25% the author and I have different interpretations of The Word.  Although I clearly understand his point and the evidence supporting it, I do not agree with his conclusions.

All in all I really enjoyed this book.  I found it very well written and laid out.  It is also well put together with references and evidence supporting his beliefs.  He does quote a lot of other scholars, which I personally found a little off putting.  Instead of describing how he came to a conclusions a lot of times it was just that he had read a book and would quote how the other author came the conclusion.  I understand its all builds onto his greater point but it seemed less emphatic to have the author quote you other authors to get his point across.

Note: I did receive a copy of this book to read and review from Thomas Nelson Publishing through www.booksneeze.com.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensate for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment