Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Book Review: Simply Delicious Amish Cooking


Simply Delicious Amish Cooking by Sherry Gore is a wonderful collection of Amish recipes from Northern Florida. I cannot wait to try all of them. The cookbook includes categories like breakfasts, seafood, meat, sides, desserts, and breads.  This cookbook contains over 300 recipes.

Sherry Gore has done a wonderful job compiling recipes, local Amish history, and helpful hints.  You can almost look through it and read it like a book instead of a cookbook.  Since I also live in Florida I found some the local favorites also in there.  Gator tail anyone?

I am very excited to have this book be added to my recipe shelf.  I am sure that I will use it for a long time.  These recipes only use common ingredients that most would have in their pantry. 

I did notice that a lot of the recipes depend on canned and semi-prepared items purchased at the store.  Although these are a great convenience, my family uses very little of these products.  We like to make everything with fresh ingredients and minimally processed foods.  I will have to adapt many of the recipes to meet my family needs.  It is still a great collection of simple meals that I will be able to reference often. 

Note: I did receive a free copy of this book from www.booksneeze.com to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment